Simple and Healthy Breakfast Ideas
Mornings can be a time of chaos with getting yourself ready for work and trying to get your kids dressed and out the door for school on time. Most people often skip breakfast because of all the crazy going on, and end up starving later in the day, therefore making poor food choices in those #hangry moments. Here are some easy ideas for those rushed mornings, so that you can still get a healthy and protein-packed breakfast to start your day out right!
1. Plain greek yogurt and frozen blueberries (can add some granola if needed). The extra protein will help fill you up so that you stay full longer!
2. Whole-grain tortilla with peanut butter and banana slices (kid-approved too!)
3. Overnight oats-you can find hundreds of variations for these on Pinterest, using different ingredients to change the flavor. Here are some of my favorite overnight oats recipes!
4. Whole-grain toast with peanut butter and sliced bananas.
5. Egg breakfast muffins. Make these the night before, or over the weekend, and have them ready to toss in the microwave for a quick reheat before you leave the house!
6. Protein bars, such as Quest or Fit Crunch are convenient enough to store in your purse, eat on your drive to work, or keep in your desk. (Bonus..hide them in your desk at work and your kids won't be begging you for bites!)
7. Protein shake-make it the night before, then grab it out of the fridge on your way out the door! The best brand with the best flavor? Level-1 protein meal replacement! (Find it here!)
Your breakfast doesn't always have to be a mom-of-the-year-pinterest-approved meal. You can still benefit from simple foods that are convenient for your busy lifestyle and that will work for you!